Wednesday, November 20, 2013

If I keep your neck warm, it means I love you.

Holidays are a happy time of year. This post is belated, but it is still full of love. I spend the holidays at my grandparents, where all of the family congregates. 


I showed up to the holidays wearing my Ribbed Tango Scarf. My Nana saw it and fell in love with it, between the colors, the width and length, and decadent squishy-ness of the thing. Feeling the holiday spirit (and knowing it would give me an excuse to make myself another in a different colorway) I graciously gave it to her. She then wore if for the rest of the weekend. It was full of happiness. I like it when my projects find good homes. :)




I had whipped this up ages ago, and finally pulled it out to wear since the weather had finally turned to the colder side. This scarf was super basic.... two skeins, 26 stitches on size US 9 needles with a 2x2 rib. I had just wanted to play with some pretty new yarn and show off the colors. I had also been trying to teach my mum how to pearl so that she could make the same scarf, since she had picked up some of the same yarn when I had gotten mine. The two of us had gone on an adventure to the WEBS warehouse a while ago, and you can imagine how that went. ;)


This post is from last Christmas, and even though it's before Thanksgiving and I normally wouldn't post something Christmassy yet, I'm going to, because I should have posted it last year and I can't remember what else was going to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update:

This blog is retired.