Sunday, November 24, 2013

Hula Hoopa Hoop!

It's a hula hoop! Just for me. :)

Hooping for adults is super popular right now, partly because it's good exercise, and mostly because it's just that damn awesome. Adult sized hoops can be tricky to find, and expensive, though, so, luckily, they are ridiculously easy to make! This is another post that doesn't really include a pointy object (unless you count the PVC cutters) but it's still creative, so here it is.

Before


Check out PSI Hoops and JasonUnbound for info on how to make your own.

Viola!




I'm super proud of myself for finishing this. It took a long time for me to get around to it. I think I may have made it a bit too large (it's 44" across and really tall) and a bit too heavy (I put a lot of rice in it, I don't remember how much) but I did a really good job wrapping it in black electrical tape, and the purple looks neat, even if it's a bit messy. It is already getting scuffed, though.

Now I just have to get good at using it.... I did okay keeping it up on my waist, and hopefully that will get better with time (and maybe a lighter hoop). And I just joined the local YMCA, which offers a hoop class twice a week...... We'll see, we'll see. Now back to the crafts.

P.S. The Hoopnotica videos seem really helpful, and even offer a troubleshooting section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update:

This blog is retired.