Monday, October 10, 2011

Victorious, I emerge from the Great Northern Hinterland.

Happy find, happy find!

I've just gotten back from a lovely mini-vacation, the majority of which I spent visiting family in beautiful Maine. Food, sleep, board games, more food. And a craft fair!

I've been meaning to go look for some wooden pegs to add to my bathroom wall, so that I could organize my necklaces and bracelets. They've been feeling woefully confused since my earrings found redemption (see my post about fantastic earring rack! :) :) :) ).

Anyways. The plan. It was going to be wooden pegs, or a mini coat rack. And then my father and brother noticed this doozy.


Hand-cast iron made locally (to my dad) for $12. Its gorgeous, and perfect. I can hang my bracelets from the top row and necklaces from the bottom row. I will have to post a picture once it is up and loaded. :) The booth was run by a husband/wife duo. The hanger came with screws, and the couple pointed out that they had placed the mounting holes 16" apart so that it was easy to screw it into the wall studs. 



I also almost bought some fantastic handmade, clay buttons from another booth, but decided to hold off since I wasn't sure what exactly I would use them on. I got her etsy shop information, though! She said she doesn't have anything listed on it right now (too busy with craft fairs), but that she'll be putting some stuff up again in a couple of weeks. Mmm, buttons with winter birch trees on them. Yum. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update:

This blog is retired.