Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Keep Me Safe From My Trouble and Pain

This one is a project of great importance, because it is not something that is just for me. We have a huge October Halloween show, and I'm making screen accurate floor show boas for the cast!

These are my preliminary drawings/notes/schematics.


All it takes is three colors of organza, some chiffon, a serger, twill tape to reinforce the seams, and tassels. I did my research over at the Anal Retentive Rocky site.

Pretty nifty, ne?

Also, all of my supplies arrived in the mail today! I ordered the fabric from OnlineFabricStore (much cheaper than Joanne's!) the the tassels from eBay vendor, sori5b7tdy.


Here is my happy serger, waiting to be unpacked and put to work. I bribed my mum with dinner to convince her to bring it to me. Urgent urgent needs. Also, a few pics of the lovely loot that is waiting to become poofy. From left to right.... All the goodies in their battered post office clothing, all the goodies piled to show that they are here, a shot to show the colors of the black chiffon and red organza, and the same for the black and gold organza. 



 And now, away I go to turn these into magical items!

If you like the looks of these (though they aren't much yet) come check us out here, to see when Doctor X's Creatures will be parading these babies around the stage! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update:

This blog is retired.